Based on the belief that even small, everyday choices affect our future tomorrow, TePe rethinks the notion of an ordinary toothbrush. From conception to completion, TePe Choice™ is designed with health and sustainability in mind.
Less plastic, less waste, and a smaller footprint. Oral health company TePe now launches a toothbrush with a unique combination of sustainably sourced materials – a reusable wooden handle and replaceable, plant-based plastic brush heads for optimum hygiene. It is manufactured in Sweden by means of 100% renewable energy.
Anne-Kristin Ottosson, Portfolio Director at TePe, says, “We are proud to offer conscious consumers an everyday, sustainable toothbrush choice with the same TePe quality as always and an even lower carbon footprint than our regular toothbrushes. We have successfully been phasing out fossil plastic from our existing products and packaging during the last couple of years, but this is the first product that we have developed with sustainability in mind right from the start.”
TePe Choice builds on TePe’s well-tried brush head design, keeping its signature features such as hygienic bristles and tapered shape for best access. However, replaceable heads allow the handle to be used three times as long. The user-friendly handle is made from Swedish beechwood and coated in a natural wax to withstand moisture.
TePe Choice™ in short
· Handle made from locally grown FSC certified wooden raw material.
· Brush heads with a low CO2 footprint with ISCC certified renewable feedstock.
· Sustainably produced in Sweden.
· 80% less plastic waste thanks to replaceable brush heads.
TePe’s commitments for sustainable development include:
· Phasing out fossil raw materials and using 100% green energy in production.
· Continuously increasing sustainable materials in packaging.
· Upscaling transition from air to sea freight.
· Promoting long-term health and conscious lifestyle choices through educational initiatives.
· Driving innovation and change toward a circular economy through partnerships and collaboration.
For more information, please contact Maria Swartling-Jung, Communications Manager, TePe Oral Hygiene Products AB, +46 40 670 11 00, firstname.lastname@example.org.
TePe Oral Hygiene Products, founded by the Eklund family in 1965, is an international company headquartered in Malmö, Sweden. TePe has 400 employees and a turnover of MSEK 914 (2021). Based on sustainable innovation and the vision to bring healthy smiles for life, TePe offers a complete range of high-quality self-care solutions, developed in partnership with the dental profession. Marketed by subsidiaries and business creators in 80 countries, TePe’s oral health products are available through dental practices, pharmacies, e-tail, and retail. For more information, visit www.tepe.com.
To the press compartment of TePe Munhygienprodukter AB
Downloads to this press release
File: image/jpeg (182 KBytes)
File: image/jpeg (42 KBytes)
File: image/jpeg (101 KBytes)
File: image/jpeg (214 KBytes)